Welcome to the Mornin' SunShine blog!

This blog was set up as a way to send out the Mornin' SunShine e-mail devotionals. For older archives, more information, or to subscribe to Mornin' SunShine, please visit the Mornin' SunShine website at: http://www.psalm686.com/MorninSunShine
May the Lord bless you and yours richly with His grace and joy!

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

2 Corinthians 4:6-7

Good morning, y'all! :)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
2 Corinthians 4:6-7
For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us.

So often in my life, I can't help but wonder: why me? Why would God choose to use me as a vessel to communicate His message to the world? I'm just an ordinary girl, living an ordinary life. I just serve an extraordinary God! And then I read these verses in 2 Corinthians, and I realize: the answer to my "why me?" is just this--because God. Because God wants to use me. Because God called me, chose me. Because God loves to use "earthen vessels"--ordinary, everyday people--to show His extraordinary love. Because that way, it is clear that all the excellence is God alone. Why me? Because God.

Father, I still wonder sometimes why You would choose me. But the fact is--You did. You do. And I am humbled and amazed! May You and You alone flow through me and get the glory!

May the Lord bless you richly as you let Him pour His love out through you!

Dancing in the rain,
Haley "SunShine" Miller
"Exhort one another daily while it is called 'Today'" (Hebrews 3:13)
Mornin' SunShine Website

No comments:

Post a Comment