Welcome to the Mornin' SunShine blog!

This blog was set up as a way to send out the Mornin' SunShine e-mail devotionals. For older archives, more information, or to subscribe to Mornin' SunShine, please visit the Mornin' SunShine website at: http://www.psalm686.com/MorninSunShine
May the Lord bless you and yours richly with His grace and joy!

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Daniel 1:8

Mornin', y'all! :)
My sister and I are leaving today for Chicago, IL. I'll be gone until July 8th; my original plan was to schedule the Mornin' SunShine posts/e-mails for the time that I'm gone, but that's one of the things on my to-do list that just didn't happen. SO, have a great week, Happy 4th of July, and I'll be back in a few days! :)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Daniel 1:8
But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king’s delicacies, nor with the wine which he drank; therefore he requested of the chief of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.

In the midst of a heathen and sinful culture, that would not understand why he did what he did, Daniel purposed in his heart to do the right thing. Don't you know the king's delicacies had to look tempting; and it sure would have been easier to just go with the flow; but Daniel never chose the easy way out. He simply chose the right way--God's way. Come what may. And what this nation--this world--needs right now is for a generation of Daniels to step up and purpose in our hearts that we will not defile ourselves with the things of this world, but we will stand for what's right and follow our Lord Jesus Christ--come what may.

Father, make me a "Daniel"! Help me to first set my heart on following You alone, and then follow that purpose through every day in the way that I live.

May the Lord bless you richly as you purpose in your heart to follow Him and Him alone!

Dancing in the rain,
Haley "SunShine" Miller
"Exhort one another daily while it is called 'Today'" (Hebrews 3:13)
Mornin' SunShine Website

No comments:

Post a Comment