Welcome to the Mornin' SunShine blog!

This blog was set up as a way to send out the Mornin' SunShine e-mail devotionals. For older archives, more information, or to subscribe to Mornin' SunShine, please visit the Mornin' SunShine website at: http://www.psalm686.com/MorninSunShine
May the Lord bless you and yours richly with His grace and joy!

Monday, June 8, 2009

1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Hey, y'all! Happy Monday! :)

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's.
 
Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
 
If there is one thing these verses make clear it is that my life is no longer my own. I have been bought at a price, and Christ lives in me, therefore He alone has the right of ownership over me and my life. I cannot make decisions based on what I want or how I feel about something. All that can matter is His will and way. If I am to truly live an abundant life filled with peace, I have to trust Him enough to surrender my will and wishes to His in every decision, great or small. I must live as one who belongs wholly--and only--to the Lord Jesus Christ.
 
Father, how often I have rejoiced in the privilege of simply belonging to You! Yet I don't always live as one that You possess. Help me to surrender to You in every aspect of my life, truly living as though I am not my own, but just Yours. I am Yours!
 
May the Lord bless you richly as you live as one who is His alone!
 
Dancing in the rain,
Haley "SunShine" Miller
"Exhort one another daily while it is called 'Today'" (Hebrews 3:13)
Mornin' SunShine Website

No comments:

Post a Comment