Welcome to the Mornin' SunShine blog!

This blog was set up as a way to send out the Mornin' SunShine e-mail devotionals. For older archives, more information, or to subscribe to Mornin' SunShine, please visit the Mornin' SunShine website at: http://www.psalm686.com/MorninSunShine
May the Lord bless you and yours richly with His grace and joy!

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Philippians 2:5-8

Good morning, all!!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Philippians 2:5-8
Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though He was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

These, of course, are very familiar verses, since they are some of the most oft-quoted! However, that familiarity in no way diminishes the depth of their meaning, nor does it mean that I will not occasionally see something new in them!! :)
That clause, "which is yours in Christ Jesus", jumped out at me recently. This mind of humility, of emptying self and being obedient to God no matter the cost is mine already in Christ Jesus! It is not something I come up with or accomplish on my own, but something that Jesus bought and paid for with His very life in order to give to me. How often do I find myself struggling, fighting for this in my own strength and failing miserably because it was never meant for "me" to obtain it alone. I can only have "this mind" when I come to Jesus and say, "Give me Your mind, Your heart!!"

Father, I'm done with trying to do this on my own! I will choose to walk in "this mind" that Jesus already gained for me and that only You can give!

Dancing in the rain,
Haley "SunShine" Miller
"Exhort one another daily while it is called 'Today'" (Hebrews 3:13)
Mornin' SunShine Website
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this e-mail was forwarded to you and you would like to receive the Mornin' SunShine e-mails on a regular basis yourself, you can e-mail me at mornin_sunshine@psalm686.com with "subscribe" in the subject line. If you would like to unsubscribe, just e-mail me at the address above with "unsubscribe" in the subject line and I will take you off the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment