Welcome to the Mornin' SunShine blog!

This blog was set up as a way to send out the Mornin' SunShine e-mail devotionals. For older archives, more information, or to subscribe to Mornin' SunShine, please visit the Mornin' SunShine website at: http://www.psalm686.com/MorninSunShine
May the Lord bless you and yours richly with His grace and joy!

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Psalm 119:136

Hey, y'all--happy Thursday! :)

Psalm 119:136
Rivers of water run down from my eyes, because men do not keep Your law.
 
When I think back over the things that typically make me cry, I don't know that "because men do not keep Your law" would be a common one. Yet, I can't help but think that God's heart weeps over the rebellion of His creation, and the heart of a true worshipper is broken by the same things that break God's heart. So when I look around and see a world that is rejecting God's word at every turn, shouldn't it break my heart?? Shouldn't it cause me to weep and cry out for revival??
 
Father, soften my heart and make it sensitive to Yours. May the things that break Your heart break mine; may the things that bring tears to Your eyes cause me to cry, also. I want to weep and yearn over a fallen world the way You do!
 
May the Lord richly bless you allow your heart to be broken by what breaks His heart!
 
Dancing in the rain,
Haley "SunShine" Miller
"Exhort one another daily while it is called 'Today'" (Hebrews 3:13)
Mornin' SunShine Website

No comments:

Post a Comment