Welcome to the Mornin' SunShine blog!

This blog was set up as a way to send out the Mornin' SunShine e-mail devotionals. For older archives, more information, or to subscribe to Mornin' SunShine, please visit the Mornin' SunShine website at: http://www.psalm686.com/MorninSunShine
May the Lord bless you and yours richly with His grace and joy!

Monday, November 2, 2009

Judges 14:6, 19; 15:14

Good morning, everyone! :)

Judges 14:6a, 19a; 15:14
And the Spirit of the LORD came mightily upon him, and he tore the lion apart as one would have torn apart a young goat, though he had nothing in his hand...
Then the Spirit of the LORD came upon him mightily, and he went down to Ashkelon and killed thirty of their men, took their apparel, and gave the changes of clothing to those who had explained the riddle.
When he came to Lehi, the Philistines came shouting against him. Then the Spirit of the LORD came mightily upon him; and the ropes that were on his arms became like flax that is burned with fire, and his bonds broke loose from his hands.
 
Samson may have thought his strength came from his uncut hair, but since every time he accomplished some great feat it is preceeded by the phrase "the Spirit of the LORD came mightily upon him", I think his strength had a different source. :) The best news is, that same strength is available to me. No, I will probably never kill a lion barehanded, or slay thirty men, or break off ropes like they were burnt string...but God's Spirit will give me the strength to do whatever God is calling me to do. I cannot place my trust in my own strength or in any source of strength except God alone.
 
Father, help me to trust in You alone for the strength to live and walk as You have called me to!
 
May the Lord richly bless you as you walk in His strength!
 
Dancing in the rain,
Haley "SunShine" Miller
"Exhort one another daily while it is called 'Today'" (Hebrews 3:13)
Mornin' SunShine Website

No comments:

Post a Comment