Welcome to the Mornin' SunShine blog!

This blog was set up as a way to send out the Mornin' SunShine e-mail devotionals. For older archives, more information, or to subscribe to Mornin' SunShine, please visit the Mornin' SunShine website at: http://www.psalm686.com/MorninSunShine
May the Lord bless you and yours richly with His grace and joy!

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Judges 16:21, 25, 28-30

Good morning, everyone! :)

Judges 16:21, 25, 28-30
Then the Philistines took him and put out his eyes, and brought him down to Gaza. They bound him with bronze fetters, and he became a grinder in the prison... So it happened, when their hearts were merry, that they said, "Call for Samson, that he may perform for us." So they called for Samson from the prison, and he performed for them. And they stationed him between the pillars...
Then Samson called to the LORD, saying, "O Lord GOD, remember me, I pray! Strengthen me, I pray, just this once, O God, that I may with one blow take vengeance on the Philistines for my two eyes!" And Samson took hold of the two middle pillars which supported the temple, and he braced himself against them, one on his right and the other on his left. Then Samson said, "Let me die with the Philistines!" And he pushed with all his might, and the temple fell on the lords and all the people who were in it. So the dead that he killed at his death were more than he had killed in his life.
 
Because of his own foolishness, Samson was bound. Blinded. Forced to serve in the prison house of the enemy. He became the laughingstock of the heathen, a source of "entertainment" to them. But even there, he found redemption. In this place of forced humility, Samson finally realized his source of strength. So he called on the Lord in his darkest hour and the Lord redeemed even that impossible situation--which Samson had gotten himself into! And, He redeemed it in a big way, as Samson accomplished more in his death than in his life. 
God can redeem any situation, even when I get myself into them by my own sin and foolishness. And He will do it, in His way and His time, which is always better than anything I can think up! 
 
Father, thank You for the many times You have redeemed the foolish situations I've gotten myself into! I want to follow You, and stay out of those kinds of situations, but when I do get into them, help me to turn to You and trust in Your grace to redeem them!
 
May the Lord richly bless you with His grace and joy!
 
Dancing in the rain,
Haley "SunShine" Miller
"Exhort one another daily while it is called 'Today'" (Hebrews 3:13)
Mornin' SunShine Website
 

No comments:

Post a Comment