Welcome to the Mornin' SunShine blog!

This blog was set up as a way to send out the Mornin' SunShine e-mail devotionals. For older archives, more information, or to subscribe to Mornin' SunShine, please visit the Mornin' SunShine website at: http://www.psalm686.com/MorninSunShine
May the Lord bless you and yours richly with His grace and joy!

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Deuteronomy 31:6-8

Hey, y'all! :)


Deuteronomy 31:6-8
"Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you."
Then Moses called Joshua and said to him in the sight of all Israel, "Be strong and of good courage, for you must go with this people to the land which the LORD has sworn to their fathers to give them, and you shall cause them to inherit it. And the LORD, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed."

Sometimes, I just need this reminder: God goes with us and before us as we walk in His way; so what is there to be afraid of? Although the world can sometimes be a frightening place, and the uncertainty of what lies ahead can be really scary, because I know that God is good and He is faithful I can rest in His promise to never leave me or forsake me. It really is as simple as that.

Father, in those moments when fear creeps in as I look at the world or the future or what You've asked me to do, help me to remember that You are still there! As I focus on You, I realize that there's nothing to be afraid of. The unknown may be scary, but I know You, so I'm okay.

May the Lord richly bless you as you walk in His way "strong and of good courage"!

Dancing in the rain,
Haley "SunShine" Miller
"Exhort one another daily while it is called 'Today'" (Hebrews 3:13)
Mornin' SunShine Website

No comments:

Post a Comment