Welcome to the Mornin' SunShine blog!

This blog was set up as a way to send out the Mornin' SunShine e-mail devotionals. For older archives, more information, or to subscribe to Mornin' SunShine, please visit the Mornin' SunShine website at: http://www.psalm686.com/MorninSunShine
May the Lord bless you and yours richly with His grace and joy!

Monday, August 31, 2009

Deuteronomy 30:6

Happy Monday, everyone! :)
There is a video of a very good skit that kind of goes along with today's Mornin' SunShine on YouTube; it's done by The Skit Guys, is about 9 minutes long, and I highly recommend it. Here's the link if you want to go watch it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXut0HxncvY I just wanted to pass that on! :)


Deuteronomy 30:6
And the LORD your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live.

What would it mean for God to circumcise my heart? First of all, circumcision was the sign of the covenant that the Lord had made with His people. So for Him to circumcise my heart would mean He is entering into that covenant with me. What was the covenant? That He would be their God, they would be His people and walk in His ways, and He would bring them into a land of abundance and give them victory.
Secondly, this "circumcision" would have to mean that God would cut away from my heart, my life, all that is not of Him; all that is less than He would desire. Why? To enable me to love Him with all that I am, that He might give me "life--life in all its fullness" (John 10:10 [NCV]).
So, if I were to paraphrase this verse, I would put it this way: "The LORD your God will cut away everything in your heart and life that is not of Him, enabling you to love Him with all that you are, that you may truly live." And, this is a multi-generational promise, because it also says that the Lord will also carry this "circumcision of the heart" on to your descendants.

Father, the only way I will ever love You the way I long to love You is by allowing You to "circumcise" my heart. So please--cut away from my heart and life everything that is not YOU!

May the Lord richly bless you with His grace and peace!

Dancing in the rain,
Haley "SunShine" Miller
"Exhort one another daily while it is called 'Today'" (Hebrews 3:13)
Mornin' SunShine Website

No comments:

Post a Comment