Welcome to the Mornin' SunShine blog!

This blog was set up as a way to send out the Mornin' SunShine e-mail devotionals. For older archives, more information, or to subscribe to Mornin' SunShine, please visit the Mornin' SunShine website at: http://www.psalm686.com/MorninSunShine
May the Lord bless you and yours richly with His grace and joy!

Friday, January 4, 2013

Psalm 3

Good morning, all!
Our day here in San Angelo is starting out sparkling white, with a fresh new layer of snow on the ground. We are all quite excited! There's just something about snow that makes the world seem like a whole new place. I pray that your day would be filled with sweet blessings that make your world seem like a whole new, amazing place because you see it through the lens of a new, deeper love for our Jesus!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Psalm 3:5-7
I lay down and slept; I woke again, for the LORD sustained me. I will not be afraid of many thousands of people who have set themselves against me all around. Arise, O LORD! Save me, O my God! For You strike all my enemies on the cheek; You break the teeth of the wicked.

I started to type out all of Psalm 3, because the whole thing is just David rejoicing and resting in victory that has been given to him by the Lord. I used to find myself sort of skimming through verses/Psalms like this because I would think, "I don't really have any enemies." But recently, the Lord has been impressing on me that I do have enemies: Satan, sin and self. All of which would just love to destroy me, but over all of which Jesus has already won the victory! He fought for me and won on Calvary; so why does it often seem as if I live in defeat? The battle is over and He is the Victor, but sometimes I don't live like it.
I love the end of verse 7: You break the teeth of the wicked. Since the Bible describes Satan as a "roaring lion", the picture I get here is a big, old, nasty lion--with no teeth! He may be roaring, and he may be mean-looking, but he can't actually do anything when I'm living in the power of Jesus Christ and the victory He has already won! Sin has no power in my life, Satan has no ground to stand on, and self is a defeated enemy through my Jesus...now that's worth celebrating! :)

Jesus, thank You for the victory You have won for me! Help me to live and walk in it daily, every moment!

May the Lord bless you richly as you live in the victory He has already won for you!

Dancing in the rain,
Haley "SunShine" Miller
"Exhort one another daily while it is called 'Today'" (Hebrews 3:13)
Mornin' SunShine Website
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this e-mail was forwarded to you and you would like to receive the Mornin' SunShine e-mails on a regular basis yourself, you can e-mail me at mornin_sunshine@psalm686.com with "subscribe" in the subject line. If you would like to unsubscribe, just e-mail me at the address above with "unsubscribe" in the subject line and I will take you off the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment