Welcome to the Mornin' SunShine blog!

This blog was set up as a way to send out the Mornin' SunShine e-mail devotionals. For older archives, more information, or to subscribe to Mornin' SunShine, please visit the Mornin' SunShine website at: http://www.psalm686.com/MorninSunShine
May the Lord bless you and yours richly with His grace and joy!

Monday, June 6, 2011

2 Corinthians 11:3

Good morning, y'all! :)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
2 Corinthians 11:3
But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Growing up in an ultra-conservative, Biblically centered homeschooling family, I had a LOT of "Bible knowledge". I was the little kid in Sunday school that the teachers loved and the other kids were not so fond of--I knew all the answers and loooooved impressing the adults in my life with that fact. As I grew older, of course my Bible knowledge had to grow, too. What impressed people when I was 7 is no longer impressive now that I'm 25!! Somewhere along the way, I started putting a lot of pressure on myself to find deep, amazing things in the Bible. Now, of course there are deep, amazing things in the Bible, and they are certainly worth finding! But sometimes, the things God wants me to see are the simple things; and I miss them when I'm after my own idea of "amazing"--mainly, stuff that will "wow" other people.
God is not complicated. Complex, mysterious, paradoxical, and impossible to wrap my little finite brain around, yes--but not complicated. There is a "simplicity that is in Christ", the reality that God makes Himself very accessible to us when we are willing to approach Him with open hearts and eyes, willing to throw aside our own ideas and preconceived notions and just see Him. In all His glorious simplicity!

Father, I'm coming back to the sweet simplicity that is in You. Teach me from Your word what You would have me learn; help me to keep my eyes and ears and heart open to You alone.

May the Lord bless you richly as you delight in the "simplicity that is in Christ"!

Dancing in the rain,
Haley "SunShine" Miller
"Exhort one another daily while it is called 'Today'" (Hebrews 3:13)
Mornin' SunShine Website
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this e-mail was forwarded to you and you would like to receive the Mornin' SunShine e-mails on a regular basis yourself, you can e-mail me at mornin_sunshine@psalm686.com with "subscribe" in the subject line. If you would like to unsubscribe, just e-mail me at the address above with "unsubscribe" in the subject line and I will take you off the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment