Welcome to the Mornin' SunShine blog!

This blog was set up as a way to send out the Mornin' SunShine e-mail devotionals. For older archives, more information, or to subscribe to Mornin' SunShine, please visit the Mornin' SunShine website at: http://www.psalm686.com/MorninSunShine
May the Lord bless you and yours richly with His grace and joy!

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Proverbs 3:5-6

Good morning, everyone! :)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.

These verses were running through my head this morning, and I got to pondering--what does it mean to "acknowledge Him" in all my ways? So, you know what I did...I got out my trusty concordance and looked up the word "acknowledge". :) It is the Hebrew word yada (yaw-dah'), and it means "to know (properly, to ascertain by seeing)".
What does it mean to "acknowledge Him" in all my ways? It means that in all my ways, my goal should be to know Him. In all my ways my eyes need to be focused on Christ. I don't need to watch my feet, because when my eyes are on Him, He directs where my feet are going. In all my ways.

Father, I will keep my eyes on You, seeking just to know You in all that I do, trusting You to lead and direct me.

May the Lord bless you richly as you acknowledge Him in all your ways!

Dancing in the rain,
Haley "SunShine" Miller
"Exhort one another daily while it is called 'Today'" (Hebrews 3:13)
Mornin' SunShine Website

No comments:

Post a Comment