Welcome to the Mornin' SunShine blog!

This blog was set up as a way to send out the Mornin' SunShine e-mail devotionals. For older archives, more information, or to subscribe to Mornin' SunShine, please visit the Mornin' SunShine website at: http://www.psalm686.com/MorninSunShine
May the Lord bless you and yours richly with His grace and joy!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Exodus 2:21-22

Good morning, y'all!!
I know...it's been forever since I sent out a Mornin' SunShine e-mail. If you're no longer interested in getting these, you can simply reply to this e-mail and tell me that. I promise to not be offended. :) I do apologize for how long I've been MIA! I don't promise to suddenly have my life sufficiently figured out and straightened out to be back to doing this every day, but I am going to try.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Exodus 2:21-22
And Moses was content to dwell with the man, and he gave Moses his daughter Zipporah. She gave birth to a son, and he called his name Gershom, for he said, "I have been a sojourner in a foreign land."

Moses understood the reality of life: we are not made for this world. We live here. We grow up, marry, have children, laugh and cry here. There is a part of us with a vested interest in this world, but ultimately we are all Gershom: a stranger here. This is not our "forever home"; those of us that have trusted Christ as our Savior have a heavenly citizenship. So shouldn't that affect our lives? Shouldn't we hold earthly things more loosely, clinging to the Unchanging, Everlasting God? Shouldn't we be a little more focused on what matters for eternity, not so much what I want right at this moment?

Father, give me the grace to hold this world loosely; to live as a sojourner in a foriegn land. Help me to keep one foot in eternity and my focus on You!!

May the Lord richly bless you as you live with a gaze fixed on your forever home!

Dancing in the rain,
Haley "SunShine" Miller
"Exhort one another daily while it is called 'Today'" (Hebrews 3:13)
Mornin' SunShine Website
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this e-mail was forwarded to you and you would like to receive the Mornin' SunShine e-mails on a regular basis yourself, you can e-mail me at mornin_sunshine@psalm686.com with "subscribe" in the subject line. If you would like to unsubscribe, just e-mail me at the address above with "unsubscribe" in the subject line and I will take you off the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment